Elen Clulow understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of all of my clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Me
Registered address: 24 Beckside Gardens, Brampton, Cumbria. CA8 1US.
I am regulated by General Hypnotherapy Register – www.general-hypnotherapy-register.com
I am a member of Spiritual Regression Therapy Association – www.spiritual-regression-therapy-association.com
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact me to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11.
- The right to access the personal data.
- The right to have your personal data rectified.
- The right to be forgotten.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Date of birth;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Payment information;
- Notes taken during session;
- Recording of session.
- Technical Data – Logins details, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Reviews of our service – on Google, Facebook (this data is controlled by Facebook and Google)
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. (The lawful basis for holding this would be contractual and by consent for Analytics based data)
- Social media – Facebook – This may include responding to direct messages. – When instigated by customer or potential customer.
- Communication via systems like zoom or Skype
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- Contact details, written notes, payment details and audio recording will be kept for a period of 7 years after the last visit to Elen Clulow, as required to comply with British Tax requirements and Insurance requirements.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
The security of your personal data is essential to me, and to protect your data, I take a number of important measures, including the following:
- All Devices used to access details are password protected, with up to date internet security software.
- Our website has industry standard SSL to encrypt data from our site.
- Your personal data is not stored on our website, it is merely transmitted to us via email and stored on our email server.
- Communication Data is stored on our Email servers / cloud storage.
- Payment details – stored on cloud storage – or through payment system such as PayPal.
- Website security – Protects sites from access by anyone without permission to get on the site- and being able to add potentially harmful files on the site.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the exception as stated below and for performance on this contract.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
For performance of this contract I may need to provide your personal data to the following:
- My Web designer may have access to IP addresses via the Security software and hosting account. To help ensure the security and smooth running of the website.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, I will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses as stated in this Notice.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request.
I will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details
For the attention of Elen Clulow:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone number: 01697741675.
Postal Address: 24 Beckside Gardens, Brampton, Cumbria, CA8 1US.